To advance beyond the ‘initial package’ and receive details for proceeding to grower registration, contact AusAgave for the required forms and submit the application form to obtain a growing contract.
- Minimum Regional Requirement
250 ha minimum regional area planted annually required to cover costs of full harvester module. This area is applicable for one grower or a number of growers to equate to a harvester module and would also facilitate a small modular processing and production facility.
- Application Form
Soil test required for minimum 10 ha planting sites plus comprehensive meteorological data, weed list and other relevant local information to accompany the application form.
- Sales Order & Delivery Schedule Form
Site visit to confirm planting site and field/processing logistics. This form will also detail the pricing structure for the agave plants, the delivery and nursery hardening details and the planting arrangements and agreements.
50% of plant costs are required to order plants that may have up to 18 months lead time for field planting. Plant costs including management and payments are divided into 3 distinct areas:
- Production, shipping and receivable inspection of in-vitro plants
- Transfer to nursery/hardening site with advice on plant management
- Field transfer, storage, and planting
Site-specific cost of production/market model confirmed with opt-out clause – contract will include where applicable details on;
- Invoice for balance of plant costs, plus management and service costs
- Plant delivery to agreed agent/nursery/property
- Planting by contractor or grower
- Tending and field management by agreed service provider or grower
- Harvesting by contractor or grower
- Delivery of harvested agave plants
- Sale and delivery of harvested agave biomass, fermentable sugars/fibre
- Payment details
With higher levels of sugar than any other commercial crop. Our varieties of Agave can produce up to 20 tones of sugar per hectare/year.
We have seen a resurgence of the need for natural fibres for the advancement of material science. Agave fibres are proving to be among some of the strongest.
Non-food, low input, scalable, adaptable, no pests or diseases